What to Recycle at GreenDay
Here is what to drop off at GreenDay"s textile and electronics recycling area (11am-4pm):
Textiles [GrowNYC/Wearable Collections]
Inside entrace of Smith Park off Catherine Street
Our collections accept:
- Clean and dry clothing
- Paired shoes
- Fabric scraps 36" x 36" or larger and other textiles
We do not accept rugs or carpeting.
For questions, please call 212-788-7964 or visit www.grownyc.org/clothing
E-Waste/Electronics [Lower East Side Ecology Center]
In front of PS126/MAT along Catherine St b/t Cherry & Monroe Sts.
We accept the following working and non-working equipment:
- Computers (laptops & desktops, servers, mainframes)
- Printers, scanners, fax-machines, copiers
- Network devices (routers, hubs, modems, etc.)
- Peripherals (keyboards, mice, cables, cords, chargers, etc.)
- Tablets and E-readers
- Components (hard drives, CD-ROMs, circuit boards, power supplies, etc.)
- TVs, VCRs, DVRs, & DVD Players
- Digital Converter Boxes, Cable/Satellite Receivers
- Portable music players
- Audio-visual equipment
- Cell phones, pagers, PDAs
- Telecommunication (phones, answering machines, etc.)
We do not accept home appliances such as microwaves, refrigerators, or air conditioners.
For questions, please call 212-477-4022 or visit www.lesecologycenter.org/ewaste
May 5th 11AM-5PM in Lower Manhattan
Smith Park, 80 Catherine Street 10038
An Exciting Environmental Event for Young and Old
* Environmental Education * Alternative Energy Technology * East River Science * Electronic and Textile Recycling * Energy Conservation Information * Recycling Relay Race *
Dragon Gardening * Green Jobs Information* Games and Crafts *
AND SO MUCH MORE !!!